Did you know you can save yourselves time – as well as relieving some of the pressure on practice staff – by registering to use GP online services?
Instead of phoning or visiting the surgery to book or cancel your appointments – or order repeat prescriptions and get your test results – you can now do it all online, and it’s quick, easy and secure. You can also see your patient record.
A carer, with your permission, may also do all or some of this on your behalf.
Registering for online services is simple and FREE. All you need to do is:
- bring along a form of ID with you to the practice (driving licence/birth certificate etc)
- complete and sign a registration form and receive a unique username and password
- use your secure details to access online services
Going online really does make a difference. It not only saves you and the practice time, but will help you to take more control of your health care.
Patients who have registered to use online services are already seeing the benefits which include:
- saving time when booking appointments and prescriptions
- feeling more empowered due to easier and convenient access
- being more informed about their care and better prepared when they see their GP, practice nurses and attend clinics
- having 24 hours access to GP services from app, website, smartphone or computer
Registering online doesn’t mean you can’t see your GP, practice nurse or attend a clinic. It just gives you quicker and easier access to practice services whenever you’re online and wherever you may be.
Ask your GP receptionist about registering for online services next time you’re in the practice, and we’ll support you in getting started.